Skills and Methods Course Options
A list of upper division methods courses was generated based on conditions that allow students the flexibility to choose courses from a range of disciplinary methods. Conditions included selecting courses that are regularly offered based on the prototype schedule, excluding courses with prerequisites as well as classes that are blocked to majors only in the first registration period.
- BES 301 Science Methods & Practice
- BIS 312 Approaches to Social Research
- BIS 215 Understanding Statistics
- BIS 340 Approaches to Cultural Research
- BIS 342 Geographic Information Systems
- BIS 405 Environmental Education
- BIS 410 Topics in Qualitative Inquiry
- BIS 447 Topics in Quantitative Inquiry
- BIS 353 Human Rights in Theory and Practice
- BISGWS 303 Approaches to Feminist Inquiry
- BISLEP 302 Policy Analysis
- BIS 483 Community Organizing
* IAS will maintain the list of courses.
*Students will be able to find quarterly offerings of 300-400 level I&S coursework offered within and outside of the School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (IAS) using MyPlan as well as the General Education Requirement Search.