The Minor in Creative Writing enables students to explore and engage diverse creative writing practices and to develop artistic, critical and conceptual competence in an interdisciplinary context.
Students who may benefit from this minor include:
- Students who want to develop specializations in a particular artistic medium
- Students who are looking for ways to signal creative written and visual competence
- Students who are interested in experimental, critical and reflexive thinking
- Students who wish to supplement other areas of study with forms of creative practice and engagement.
Students are advised to pursue minor coursework early in their studies to ensure enough time to meet core requirements. Not all courses listed below are offered on a regular basis.
IA Core (5 credits)
- BISIA 319 Interdisciplinary Arts
20 Credits of BISIA courses in the area of Creative Writing Coursework
Students are required to take at least 15 credits at the 300 or 400 level
- BISIA 207 Introduction to Creative Writing: Words, Stories, Dialogues
- BISIA 310 Creative Writing: Poetry
- BISIA 311 Creative Writing: Prose
- BISIA 410: Advanced Creative Writing Workshop
- Selected Interdisciplinary Techniques & Workshop Courses Depending on Topics (See the table below. Course offerings are subject to change.)
|Course Prefix||Course Title||Topics Course|
|BIS 293||Special Topics||Introduction to Writing Studies|
|BISIA 383||Arts Workshop||Word: Art Writing|
|BISIA 383||Arts Workshop||The Art of the Remix|
|BISIA 383||Interdisciplinary Workshop||Artist Books|
|BISIA 483||Advanced Arts Workshop||Post-Modern Fiction Through Photoshop|
|BISIA 483||Advanced Arts Workshop||Print to Pixel|
|BISIA 483||Advanced Arts Workshop||Chapbooks and Artists' Books|
|BISIA 483||Advanced Arts Workshop||Experimental Writing|
|BISIA 483||Advanced Arts Workshop||Artist Writing|
If you have questions regarding the Minor in Creative Writing, please contact the IAS Advisors at email@example.com .