SPRING 2021 MOVE OUT PROCESS
Updated April 14, 2021
COVID-19 MOVE-OUT PROCESS 2021
Due to COVID-19, we have made some significant changes to the move out process this year – please review carefully. To keep everyone healthy and safe, Housing and Residential Life will be using the Express Check Out process with a no-contact check out. See below for all the answers to your questions. We encourage students to start thinking about when they would like to move out as early as possible- it might even be best for you to move out the weekend before finals depending on your needs for getting back home. Your RA will be reaching out to you in late April to start asking you to commit to a move-out date- please watch out for their emails.
HOW DOES MOVE OUT WORK?
You are welcome to move out of your unit at any time up until Friday, June 11th at 12pm (noon). On the day that you communicated as your move-out day to your RA, you will move all of your belongings out of your unit, clean your space thoroughly, and turn in your keys.
All keys MUST be returned to the Husky Village Community Center by Friday, June 11th at 12pm (noon) or you will be charged by the minute, until you move out. There will be limited move out extensions granted for students seeking to move out after June 11th at noon based on extenuating circumstances only and you will be charged the daily rate of $50 per night. Residents requesting to move out after Sunday, June 13th at 12noon will need to apply for summer housing.
WHAT IS THE EXPRESS CHECKOUT PROCESS?
On the date you determined on the form for your move-out you will:
- Get an "Express Check Out Envelope" from your RA or retrieve one from the HVCC drop box to the left of the HVCC front doors.
- When you are ready to completely vacate your unit:
- Pack up and remove all belongings from your unit including your room, bathroom, and any/all shared spaces
- Clean thoroughly all spaces in your unit that were assigned to you and any/all shared spaces
- Claim any damages you caused by filling out all of the appropriate fields on the express check out envelope
- Lock your unit and come to HVCC
- Check your mailbox for any last items of mail
- Don’t forget to fill out a change of address form with the post-office and to update your address with anyone/website where you have mail sent to you.
- All mail received for students after they have checked out will be returned to the sender.
- When you are ready to completely check out...
- Place all of your keys (unit and mail box) into the Express Check Out envelope
- Seal the envelope
- Slide the entire packet into the bottom slot of the HVCC drop box, located to the left of the HVCC front doors. Be sure to push the packet all the way into the slot.
Expect a confirmation of your check-out to your UW email within 5 business days.If you have any questions about this process, please call the RA on Duty at (206) 245-5536 OR if there is no answer, call Campus Safety at (425) 352-5359
We are excited to be able to offer a donation option for this year. Due to concerns around COVID-19, we will have limited hours and limited items that we can accept- please check back in late May for the restrictions and hours for drop off.
WHAT IF I NEED TO STAY AFTER THE HALLS CLOSE?
Unless you are staying for summer housing, or have circumstances that mean you have to move out after we close the halls on Friday, June 11th at 12noon, you must move out and return your keys before 12:00pm, no exceptions. Any move outs after this time will be charged by the minute.
If you have an extenuating circumstance that requires you to stay after the halls close on Friday, you must complete the Late Move Out Extension Request Form no later than Wednesday, May 26th at 11:59pm. Extension requests past Friday, June 11th at 12 noon, will be approved for extenuating circumstances only and will result in the $50 daily rate charge being applied to your student account per day or being asked to apply for summer housing.
SUMMER HOUSING & 12 MONTH HOUSING
All others will move into their summer unit the week of June 14th, beginning as early as Tuesday, June 15th. The date of your specific move will be e-mailed to you in June. Our Summer Community Assistants will help you with the check in and check out process.
To prepare for summer transition, please consider the following:
- Beginning Finals week, be sure that all shared areas (kitchen, bathroom, living room, fridge, etc.) are clean and appropriate for checking out.
- New unit keys will be issued and needing to be picked up and old ones turned in. An e-mail notification will go out with more information.
- Please pack in advance, during finals week, so that you're able to easily complete the move within 24 hours.
- Make sure you're ready and available to pick up keys for your new unit at 10am, the day of your notified move-in day.
- Confirm that your current roommates do their part before they leave for summer or a new unit. Cleaning and picking up your old unit is everyone's responsibility, not just the one leaving last.
If you have any questions about the summer housing transition, please contact email@example.com.