To our residents
Our Residential Life team is working hard to give you the best possible residential activities experience, while respecting precautions designed to protect against the spread of the coronavirus. There will be fun and innovative ways for you to connect with your fellow residents and staff, brought to you by your Resident Advisors and the Resident Directors.
During your time living in student housing you can expect that your health and safety is our top priority.
- Posters and display boards will be used to display information on physical distancing, hygiene practices, and other safety information.
- Housing & Residential Life staff will communicate updates regularly via email to all-residents throughout the summer and academic year.
- Additional education regarding protocols and actions to create a safe and comfortable living environment.
Communication sent to current & incoming residents
Communications sent to all of our current and incoming students will be sent to their UW email address.
Husky PACK Pledge & Husky Village Pledge
Developed with student leaders, the Husky PACK Pledge outlines the responsibilities Huskies have to protect themselves and each other. We ask you to read it carefully and commit yourself to upholding its values.
Husky Village Pledge:
Being a part of the UWB community means that we care about our fellow Huskies and our collective wellbeing. We all have responsibility to work toward stopping the spread of COVID-19 and keeping our community healthy. When living in Husky Village, all members of the community will be expected to take the following actions.
Download and print the pledge to post in your living space:
Cleaning & service
- Custodial staff do daily cleaning of Husky Hall in addition to staff wiping down high touchpoints throughout the days of operation.
- Due to the nature of our individual apartments, Residents are responsible to clean their own in-unit bathrooms, kitchens, and other living spaces.
- While residents are encouraged to bring their own cleaning supplies, supplies are available in Husky Hall.
- Additional educational material regarding safe cleaning practices will be provided.
- Here is our Cleaning Instructions for Residents as a resource they can use when cleaning their unit.
- Appropriate cleaning protocols are in place to respond to a positive COVID-19 case with utilization of UWB Facilities and coordinated vendors to respond as necessary.
- Husky Hall will have continually replenished hand sanitizer dispensers.
Residential guests will be restricted dependent on the recommendations for the Safe Start King County. Residents will be notified of any and all updates regarding guests through their UW email address.
Family & guardians
Sending your student off to live on-campus during these challenging times can be stressful. We want to ensure you that providing your student with a comfortable and safe living environment is our top priority. We have protocols in place to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus and procedures you can trust.
We will be sending communications regularly to your student via email while we navigate through our adjusted situation and we encourage you to ask your student share these with you.
This webpage will be updated regularly with new information and changes as the situation continues to evolve, so check back regularly.