Prerequisite for Declaring the Minor
BHS 201 – Introduction to Public Health (5 credits)
Students are required to complete a total of 35 credits of coursework:
- BHS 300: Principles of Health Research OR approved introductory research course (5 credits) – for help registering, please contact the Health Studies advisors
- B HLTH 435: Foundations & Principles of Health Education & Communication (5 credits) – CHI&P. Click here to watch a trailer for this course.
- B HLTH 436: Introduction to Management & Leadership for Health Professionals (5 credits) – HPL&E. Click here to watch a trailer for this course.
- B HLTH 437: Program Planning and Strategies for Health Promotion (5 credits) – H&S. Click here to watch a trailer for this course.
- B HLTH 438: Program Evaluation for Health Education & Promotion (5 credits) – CHI&P. Click here to watch a trailer for this course.
- B HLTH 439: Health Policy and Advocacy (5 credits) – HPL&E. Click here to watch a trailer for this course.
- Upper Division B HLTH elective (5 credits)
To learn more about this minor and our other health-related minors, please view the recording of our Autumn 2020 SNHS Minors Information Session!
To view video trailers for our specialized Health Education minor courses, visit Padlet.
The minor courses are offered at least twice in an academic year. Please check in with the Health Studies Academic advisor if you have questions regarding schedule (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Declaring the Minor
Interested students should review the minor requirements and declare the minor as early as possible with their major advisor. It is not necessary to meet with a Health Studies advisor to declare the Health Education and Promotion minor. However, if you have questions please contact the School of Nursing and Health Studies Office by phone (425-352-5376), email (email@example.com), or in person in UW1-211.