Financial Aid and Scholarships


Financial Aid Resources for DREAMers

Financial aid, through state and institutional funds, is available to students who are not eligible for federal aid because of their immigration status.

Complete Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) and find out what you may be eligible for at the UW Bothell. 

The Priority application date is January 15th. 

Respond as soon as possible to any requests, from the financial aid office, for additional documents or information.  It is common for students to provide our office with additional financial aid information for verification purposes.

Please visit Financial Resources for Undocumented Students for additional information.

HB 1079 (undocumented)-Under Washington State's Real Hope Act, some undocumented student may be eligible to receive need-based, state financial aid. To qualify for HB 1079 status you must meet the following requirements:

  1. Lived in Washington for at least three calendar years (36 months) immediately prior to receiving your diploma or its equivalent.
  2. Completed your senior year of high school and obtained a high school diploma at a Washington public or private high school or received the equivalent of a diploma.
  3. Continuously lived in the state of Washington after receiving your diploma or its equivalent and until such time as you are admitted to an institution of higher education.

DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)-If you have a current or expired DACA status, you may be eligible to apply for financial aid. You will need to submit a residency questionnaire, along with a copy of your DACA documentation, to verify that you meet the requirements for Washington state residency and the DACA standard.

If you meet the requirements for HB 1079

  1. Complete the Affidavit of Residency
  2. Submit the affidavit to our UW Bothell Registrars Office
  3. Your residency application will be considered incomplete and the verification of your residency status cannot be finalized until we can receive verification of your high school graduation date.

If you do not meet HB 1079 conditions but you have a current or expired DACA status

  1. Complete the Residency Questionnaire (RQ) and submit it, along with all the required documentation (including DACA documenation) to the UW Bothell Registrars Office located in Husky Hall.




Financial Aid & Scholarships

Call 425.352.5240


Visit our office in Husky Hall

See office hours and more