Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) at UW Bothell is responsible for development, oversight, and management of environmental health and safety programs that protect the environment, provide safe and healthy conditions for work and study, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Our office provides educational programs, technical assistance, and health and safety services to the university community. EH&S also functions as a consultant to deans, directors, and heads of academic and administrative units, other staff members, and students in all areas of environmental health and safety.
Reporting an injury, illness, or near miss
- An injury or illness is an accident or incident that causes physical harm.
- A near miss is an incident that has the potential to cause harm to people, property, processes or the environment.
- You are required to report any work-related illness, injury, or near misses to your supervisor immediately. If you are seriously injured, you should seek immediate medical treatment.
- UW Bothell Employees: Immediately following an incident please complete the online form at http://www.ehs.washington.edu/ohsoars/index.shtm, click on "Enter the Online Accident Reporting System (OARS)". This is an internal document and WILL NOT initiate a workers' compensation claim.
- UW Bothell Students and Visitors: Complete the UW Non-Employee Injury Form (OHS Form 109) as a record of incident. This form is an internal document and WILL NOT initiate a liability claim.
Accident & incident summary
The annual summary of accidents and illness for the past year, 2016, is available by clicking the report below to view as a PDF.
OSHA 300 Report: Bothell Campus 300A for 2016.