Custodial Services is responsible for cleaning the campus building interiors on a regularly scheduled basis. Services are scheduled and performed based on service needs and customer convenience. For any general questions or concerns regarding services and service scheduling, please email us at email@example.com or 425-352-5202.
For urgent custodial needs please call Facilities Dispatch at 425-352-5466 for items such as:
- Sharps Disposal (Discarded Hypodermic Needles)
- Bodily Fluid Clean-Up
- Broken Glass/Light Bulbs/Other Sharp Object Disposal
Routine Cleaning & Services (Preventive Maintenance)
Routine Cleaning & Services provided are:
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and showers, stock product, empty waste containers
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountain/water bottle fill stations
- Clean kitchen sinks, counters, tables
- Restock hand sanitizer dispensers
- Empty waste/recycle/compost containers, exchange liners and spot clean containers as needed
- Dust uncluttered horizontal & vertical surfaces
- Spot clean doors, windows, walls
- Clean tables, podiums
- Clean whiteboards
- Sweep, vacuum, mop floors, stairs, elevators
- Vacuum, spot-clean walk-off matting & carpets
Night Time Services
Most of the routine cleaning and services for the circulation Areas (entry areas, hallways, stairs, and elevators), classrooms & labs, and the washrooms & showers occur primarily at night when the buildings are closed and unoccupied.
Day Time Services
Most of the routine cleaning and services for the kitchens, break rooms, and conference rooms occur during the day when the buildings are open and occupied. Other daytime routine cleaning and services include; mid-day washroom cleaning, circulation area quick cleaning, waste & recycle collection and quick-calls.
Office Area Waste & Recycling for UWB and Library Buildings
All offices and workstations in UWB and Library spaces have self-service MiniMax containers consisting of a 28-quart blue recycling bin with an attached 3-quart grey garbage bin. Office and workstation occupants are responsible for emptying their containers into the centrally located recycling, landfill or compost bins. These centralized bins are located throughout the hallways and common areas in all UWB and Library Buildings.
For any questions regarding MiniMax please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-352-5202.
Office Area Waste & Recycling for Cascadia Buildings (and LBA-1st Floor)
Office suites, personal offices, office work stations and copy rooms are “trashed-out” (waste & recycle containers are emptied) twice weekly between 5p and 8a on Monday and Thursday. To have your waste or recycle container emptied:
- For occupants of personal offices with doors: set your containers outside of your office door.
- For occupants of cubicles or workstations without doors: pull your containers out from under your desks and set them out near the entry of your cubicle or work station.
- Set all containers out by 5 PM on Monday or Thursday.
Periodic Cleaning and Services (Office Cleaning, Project Cleaning, and Break Cleaning)
Periodic Cleaning & Services provided are:
- Sanitary Napkin Dispenser Restock – Quarterly (Breaks)
- Elevator Track Cleaning – Quarterly (Breaks)
- Refrigerator/Freezer Cleaning – Annual (Summer Break)
- Circulation Area Carpet Cleaning – Breaks
- Classroom Furniture Re-Sets – Quarterly (Breaks)
- Classroom Break Cleaning – Quarterly (Breaks)
- Classroom Break Cleaning (Detail) – Autumn Break
- High Dusting – Breaks
- Wall Dusting & Cleaning – Breaks
- Waste/Recycle/Compost Container Cleaning – Breaks
Most of the periodic cleaning and services for the circulation areas (entry areas, hallways, stairs, and elevators), classrooms & labs, and the washrooms & showers occur primarily at night when the buildings are closed and unoccupied. This project and break cleaning work occurs primarily during the breaks.
Office suites, personal offices, office work stations and copy rooms are cleaned approximately once per quarter on a rotating basis. Office cleaning services include high & low dusting of uncluttered surfaces, dust blinds, spot clean walls, clean uncluttered tables/counters, clean waste/recycle containers, vacuum carpets, and spot clean door/door glass. For questions regarding office cleaning schedules or services:
For UWB and Library Spaces: Email us at email@example.com or call 425-352-5202.
For Cascadia College Spaces: Contact Kim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most of the periodic cleaning and services for the kitchens, break rooms, and conference rooms occur primarily during the day when the buildings are open and occupied. This project and break cleaning work occurs primarily during the breaks.
Other Services Provided
Window Cleaning (Interior & Exterior)
For UWB and Library Spaces: Email us at email@example.com or call 425-352-5202 for any questions regarding window cleaning services and service frequencies.
For Cascadia College Spaces: Contact Kim Clark firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding window cleaning services and service frequencies.
Lost & Found
All items found by Custodial Staff are immediately reported, and handed over to Campus Safety for appropriate action. If you have lost something on campus, contact Campus Safety.