Public Health Guidance
While the University of Washington Bothell is excited to honor graduates at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, Commencement 2022 is a large in-person event where good public health practices are essential in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Entrance requirements for Hec Edmundson Pavilion
Currently, verification of vaccination status or proof of a recent negative test for COVID-19, are not required for entry into Hec Ed. Wearing a mask is recommended at this time. Stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19.
Requirements may change as we approach Commencement, so please check back frequently.
The University asks graduates and their guests to be mindful of the following COVID-19 prevention practices:
- Get vaccinated. Getting fully vaccinated, boosters and staying up to date on vaccines remains the leading COVID-19 prevention strategy. All attendees are highly encouraged to be vaccinated.
- Stay home if sick. Monitor your health.If you have been instructed to isolate or quarantine, or you have COVID-19 symptom(s) (regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status), you must stay home.
- Testing before attending the event is recommended. Many people will be coming together from many different communities and in large groups. Testing before gathering with others can help prevent spreading COVID-19.
- Practice good hand hygiene.Wash or sanitize your hands at key times. Handwashing facilities and sanitizing stations will be located throughout the stadium.
- Face coverings are recommended. Bring a face covering in case you need or want one. Limited supplies of face coverings will be available at centralized locations at the event.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended indoors, especially for those who are higher risk for severe illness or those who have high risk household members. Face coverings are also recommended for these individuals in outdoor crowded settings.
- Follow posted building signage regarding face covering use.
- Respect the personal space of others. Distance based on your comfort level and respect the physical distance others wish to maintain.
- Virtual viewing options are available for those who are unable to attend the event in-person.
We recommend that those who are traveling to Seattle from outside the United States visit our International Travel page.