Autumn 2020 ISHIP Primer
Each Autumn quarter the ISHIP Office receives many questions about enrolling in ISHIP, getting your LifeWise insurance card, and questions about updating your local mailing address. Here’s a primer for what to expect from ISHIP as you start Autumn quarter. https://iship.washington.edu/autumn-quarter-iship-primer/
Studying Remotely and the ISHIP Requirement
- The UW requires all F-1 and J-1 visa status international students to enroll in ISHIP.
- If you are studying remotely from your home country you are eligible to waive the ISHIP requirement.
- If you are eligible for a waiver, you must submit your Insurance Waiver Request Form online no later than 1pm on the tuition due date (third Friday in the quarter).
- Find more information and submit your waiver request at any time after you have registered for Autumn classes at ISHIP Insurance Waiver.
- If, after reviewing the waiver website, you have additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find more information about ISHIP at iship.washington.edu.
Get The LifeWise ISHIP Mobile App!
LifeWise Assurance now offers a mobile app that makes it easier than ever to access your ISHIP coverage. The mobile app lets you:
- Access your digital insurance ID card
- See a list of your prescription medications
- Find an in-network doctor in your area
- Review your medical costs and savings
In order to successfully create your app account, you will need to:
- Register for quarterly classes
- Have a local mailing address in the U.S.
- Update your local mailing address on your MYUW account
Download the LifeWise ISHIP mobile app today on Android or iOS via the links below or by searching for key terms LifeWise student insurance.
If you have any additional questions, email the ISHIP Office at email@example.com.