Applications are open. The deadline has been extended to Friday November 12, 2021. Questions: Please contact Dr. Victoria Breckwich Vásquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goals of the program are to
- Empower Latino/a/x College/University students to be civically engaged
- Expose LLI participants to a variety of educational and career options.
- Instill theory & application of multicultural leadership skills
- Increase Latino/a/x identity consciousness & cultural competencies
- Receive 40+ hours of Leadership Training while earning 6 credits
- Students will be able to participate in service-learning projects in KING, Skagit & Snohomish Counties.
- Receive assistance to apply for at least two Scholarships
- Meet and network with prominent Latino dignitaries and professionals
- Learn how to prepare a professional portfolio
- Receive letters of recommendation from Latino professionals
- Receive recommendations for internships at various businesses upon completion
- Opportunity for summer employment
- Self-identified as Latino/a/x
- Commitment to attend all scheduled events. Please see google form for Participant Expectations (location/dates/time)
- Register for Winter (3 credits) BHLTH 498A, Special Project in Health/Independent Study with Dr. Victoria Breckwich Vásquez (Wednesdays 5:45-7:45pm)
- Register for Spring (3 credits) BHLTH 498A, Special Project in Health/Independent Study with Dr. Victoria Breckwich Vásquez (date and time TBD)
- Seven (7) Saturday 9am-12pm large group sessions (most via Zoom) from January through May, in addition to weekly check-ins
- Work on a Community Project with LLI students from your college (approx. 40 hours)
- Open to 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students in all majors
- All students are welcome to apply regardless of immigration status
How to apply
- Complete the the application google form linked here.
- If accepted, you will receive a code to register for the required course
- Sign up for the Winter 2022 independent study course BHLTH 498A, Special Project in Health/Independent Study.