Virtual resources to support students
The University of Washington Bothell remains in Phase 2 of Washington State’s Safe Start plan. For more information, see www.uwb.edu/coronavirus. During Phase 2, only faculty and staff doing critical on-site work are physically on our campus. All other employees are working remotely.
As part of our remote operations, Career Services remains available to provide all of our services and events virtually. All of our team members are working remotely, excited and ready to connect with and support you. We are conducting appointments virtually, giving students the option to choose meetings by online video conference (Zoom), phone, or electronic submission of materials for written feedback.
- Make an appointment. Upon scheduling an appointment, students will see the link to join the appointment virtually (by Zoom phone or video).
- Request an online resume or cover letter review. If you are a student and would like to have your resume or cover letter reviewed electronically, please enroll in this Canvas site. You can upload your materials and receive feedback within 2 business days.
Job & internship opportunities
- Job/internship applications: Handshake is an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- Remote internship tips for students are available on our website.
- Employer events and hiring opportunities will be listed in Monday’s Career Services Newsletter (sent every other week during the summer). Look for employer led Information sessions and webinars.
- Follow us on Instagram @uwb_career.
- Mark your calendars for the fall career fairs to take place virtually through Handshake on October 21 (all-industries) and October 22 (tech & engineering), 10:30am-2:30pm.
Career preparation and exploration resources
- Career preparation resources, including LinkedIn Learning and instructional videos are available on our website covering resumes, cover letters, interviews, networking, job search strategies, and more
- Candid Career has 7,000 short video clips of professionals sharing the ins and outs of their industry, field, and position
- Huskies@Work allows you to connect with a UW Alum over phone or online to learn about their career experience and insights to gain perspective on post-graduation paths
- Interest Community pages hosted by the UW-Seattle Career & Internship Center have advice, videos, alumni stories, and resources related to 7 career interest areas
- Vault Guides help students explore careers, industries, and more
- What Can I Do With This Major provides an excellent starting point for students to think about opportunities and possibilities
- WOIS/The Career Information System provides information to explore careers, research occupations and educational training programs and more
- Additional career exploration resources are available on our website
Student FAQs: COVID 19 + Career
- Student FAQs: COVID 19 + Career page addresses student questions about 1) Unemployment Eligibility, 2) Labor Market for College Graduates, 3) Spring & Summer Internships; 4) Job Searching in an Uncertain Economy; 5) Job Searching in a Virtual World; 6) Building Skills & Experience; 7) Networking & Building Relationships Virtually; and 8) Graduate & Professional School
We know this is an uncertain time as many of you may be concerned about your families, friends, or the social injustices that face so many in our community. UW Bothell Counseling Center is a free resource for all UW Bothell students who wish to connect with a mental health counselor. Washington State Employment Security Department has programs and resources to help individuals and employers affected by COVID-19.
Please connect with us if you have any questions or are wondering about next steps. Contact us at email@example.com or 425-352-3706.