Internships: recruiting candidates
Recruiting a robust, diverse, candidate pool is an important step in finding the right intern for your organization. Below you’ll find ideas for getting your internships in front of talented UW Bothell students.
Career Services resources
- Handshake is a powerful recruiting platform, enabling employers to connect with not only talented students and alumni from the University of Washington but with thousands of students across the nation via a network of member universities and institutions! Connecting with the University of Washington on Handshake will allow you to post jobs and internships and promote events to UW students representing a wide variety of academic majors across UW Seattle and UW Bothell. Details at https://www.uwb.edu/careers/employers/post-opportunity.
On-campus recruiting and events
- Come to campus to participate in a career fair, host on-campus interviews, or introduce your opportunities to students at an info session. Details at www.uwb.edu/careers/employers/events.
Other campus resources
- Departmental advisers are key to the student experience at the UW and many advisers are willing to help spread the word about great internship opportunities. Contact email@example.com for details.
- UW Bothell is home to dozens of student organizations. Consider promoting your internships to a few specific student clubs based on major, interest, or background.
- UW students pursue internships year-round; summer internships are most popular
- Recruitment for computer science, heavily technical and/or accounting populations begins in September/October
- All other intern recruitment hits a peak in January/February
Adapted from UW Seattle’s Career & Internship Center resources