Purpose of the scholarship
Funds from the Donor Excellence Scholarship provide tuition-based financial assistance to undergraduate students admitted and enrolled as Business majors or Pre-majors at the University of Washington Bothell. This scholarship was created by our generous donors with the intention and priority to reward undergraduate Business students who demonstrate a professional effort toward good academic standing, exhibit leadership, aspire to careers in business, and have financial need.
The scholarship is non-renewable but students may apply more than once and receive awards in more than one quarter.
Up to $1,500 per student for the current academic year
*The disbursement timeline and award amount is determined by financial aid status
- Open to current Business Majors, and Pre-Major students intending to apply to the Business Major.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 5 credits during the quarter that the application is submitted.
|April 18, 2022
||November 7, 2022
||February 13, 2023
||April 17, 2023
||October 16, 2023
Award notification date
|May 13, 2022
||December 5, 2022
||March 3, 2023
||May 19, 2023
||November 17, 2023
How to apply
To apply, please complete the Google form at the link below, and have the following items available for upload:
- A headshot of yourself (only include a headshot if you grant us permission to use your picture for presentation)
A 500–1500-word essay that addresses the following:
- Reflect on your academic success and performance, with an emphasis on business studies. How did you demonstrate your business skills and leadership qualities to achieve your goals?
- Reflect on a time when you made a significant contribution to others for the greater good of our community. What was the challenge and how did you overcome the challenge?
- What is your financial need and how will receiving this scholarship assist with your financial situation?
(Make sure you're signed into your UW Google account before accessing the application form)