Why Study Finance?
Through the Finance Concentration, students acquire knowledge about how firms make financial decisions and how these decisions affect individual organizations and society as a whole. Students also learn how firms acquire and allocate funds, how financial markets operate and the role these markets play in economic welfare. The study of finance includes the use of models to develop analytical approaches to problems. Students are trained to take positions in financial institutions such as commercial and investment banks, in finance departments of major corporations or with consulting firms.
- James Miller, email@example.com, Associate Professor, Finance Area Coordinator
- Gowri Shankar, firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Professor
- Ying Li, email@example.com, Associate Professor
- Daryl Manullang, firstname.lastname@example.org, Lecturer
Twenty credits in 300 and 400-level finance courses are required to complete the Finance Concentration, including three required courses and one elective course (five credits each).
BBUS 350 – Business Finance is a prerequisite for all of the required 400-level finance courses.
- BBUS 451 – Financial Policy and Planning
- BBUS 453 – Financial Institutions and Markets
- BBUS 454 – Investments
Minimum of one required.
- BBUS 361 – Intermediate Accounting I
- BBUS 373 – Cost Accounting
- BBUS 455 – Futures & Options
- BBUS 456 – Entrepreneurial Finance
- BBUS 459 – Special Topics in Finance
- BBUS 465 – Applied Financial Accounting
- BBUS 490 – Special Topics in Business (when approved for concentration)
- BBUS 491 – Business Consulting
|Core Courses (and prerequisite)||
BBUS 300/BBSKL – Management of Organizations/Teamwork Skills
BBUS 307 – Business Writing
BBUS 310 – Managerial Economics
BBUS 320 – Marketing Management
BBUS 340 – Operations & Project Mgmt. (310)
BBUS 350 – Business Finance (310)
|Capstone Courses (and prerequisite)||
( * All core classes must be completed & have grad app on file)
BBUS 470 – Business Policy & Strategic Mgmt.
BBUS 480 – Global Environment of Business
|Required Courses (and prerequisite)||
BBUS 451 – Financial Policy & Planning (250)
BBUS 453 – Financial Institutions & Markets (350)
BBUS 454 – Investments (350)
|Finance Electives (and prerequisite)||
5 credits – 1 course from the list below: Available Electives
BBUS 361 – Intermediate Accounting I
BBUS 373 – Cost Accounting
BBUS 455 – Futures & Options (454)
BBUS 456 – Entrepreneurial Finance (350)
BBUS 457 – Advance Valuation (454)
BBUS 459 – Special Topics in Finance (350)
BBUS 465 – Applied Finance Accounting (350)
BBUS 490 – Special Topics in Business
BBUS 491 – Business Consulting
|General Electives (must be 300/400 level)||30 credits|
|Total Credits||90 Credits|