Health and Wellness Resource Center Frequently Asked Questions
What is the HaWRC and the Benefits Hub?
- The HaWRC is the Health and Wellness Resource Center – a one stop hub that connects students to on-campus and off-campus resource to help you thrive!
What are the services provided by the Benefits Hub?
- Our services include eviction and homelessness prevention, food and utilities assistance, referrals to financial tools, public benefits enrollment, and help with emergency financial challenges. If you or another student might realistically drop out of school for reasons relating to financial concerns, please come talk to us.
Should I submit my proof of immunization to the HaWRC?
- No. The HaWRC does not accept any submission of proof of immunization. Please refer to the following website for immunization requirements and submitting immunization records: https://wellbeing.uw.edu/medical/immunizations/immunization-requirement/
Is the HaWRC considered an on-campus clinic or does it have any medical staff?
- No. There are no physicians or registered nurses working out of our office to provide medical care or services. However, we do refer to the 24/7 Nurse Consultation Service at 425.899.3000, press “2” at the prompt. We also refer students to other community resources as available.
How can I find out about events the HaWRC offers on campus?
- Follow us on social media!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hawrc_uwbcc/
- Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/HAWRC/
You will also see flyers on campus, and we keep a calendar up upcoming events outside of the office at ARC 120.
Do I need an appointment or do you take walk-ins?
- We are currently offering drop-in hours on Tuesdays, 10am-12pm, and Wednesdays, 2pm-4pm. You can also email us at email@example.com