Event Reservation Policies
The Student Facilities Advisory Committee (comprised of student leaders and administration from Cascadia College and UW Bothell), in conjunction with the Director of the Activities & Recreation Center, developed Event Reservation Policies that would maximize the number of student-organized and student-focused events within the building. The following priority list applies to event reservations:
- First priority for reserving event space in the ARC shall be given to the organizations that have been allocated student fee programming dollars.
- Second priority for reserving event space in the ARC shall be given to Cascadia and UW Bothell affiliated groups. Reservation fees and restrictions apply. Please see Event Reservation Fees below.
- Last priority for reserving event space in the ARC shall be given to external clients when both Cascadia and UW Bothell are not in academic session or on the weekend. Reservation fees and restrictions apply. Please see Event Reservation Fees below.
- Students interested in displaying classwork, group projects, or multi-day displays can contact the Student Facilities Advisory Committee for case-by-case basis approval. Please allow at least two weeks before desired installation date. A short description of the installation can be emailed to the Director of the ARC at email@example.com.
Event Reservation Fees
Organizations that have been allocated student fee programming dollars*:
|Events occurring during ARC Operating Hours||$0|
|Events occurring outside of ARC Operating Hours||$40/hour|
Cascadia College and UW Bothell affiliated groups*:
|Monday-Friday before 5pm||$87.50/hour||3 hours||$700/day|
|Monday-Friday after 5pm||$137.50/hour||3 hours||$700/day|
|Saturday-Sunday before 5pm||$137.50/hour||6 hours||$1100/day|
|Saturday-Sunday after 5pm||$175/hour||6 hours||$1100/day|
Cancellations for Cascadia College and UW Bothell affiliated groups
Event planners may cancel their reservation by providing ARC staff a written notice of termination.
- If notice is received more than 60 calendar days prior to event, no reservation fee will be charged.
- If notice is received 14-59 calendar days prior to event, a $100 administrative fee will be charged.
- If notice is received less than 14 calendar days prior to event, the full reservation fee will be charged.
Rain Back Up for Cascadia College and UW Bothell affiliated groups
The ARC event space may be reserved as a rain backup location, with the following considerations:
- Event planner must provide the "go/no go" rain call 3 business days prior to event.
- A $100 administrative fee will be charged if event space is not used; the full reservation fee will be charged if the event is hosted in the ARC.
|Monday-Friday before 5pm||$175/hour||3 hours||$1400/day|
|Monday-Friday after 5pm||$275/hour||3 hours||$1400/day|
|Saturday-Sunday before 5pm||$275/hour||6 hours||$2200/day|
|Saturday-Sunday after 5pm||$350/hour||6 hours||$2200/day|
*Event rate includes one standard event setup (ie a set up utilizing furniture currently in ARC inventory) and standard A/V setup (ie a setup utilizing equipment currently in ARC inventory, run by ARC A/V Tech Crew). Event rate does not include parking, furniture/equipment not in ARC inventory, or fees for excessive cleaning or damage to the facility. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-2019 Club Hold Dates
The ARC has designated several Club Hold dates, to insure that space is available for student clubs.
- October 25 (Thursday)
- October 31 (Wednesday)
- November 6 (Tuesday)
- November 15 (Thursday)
- November 21 (Wednesday)
- November 27 (Tuesday)
- January 17 (Thursday)
- January 23 (Wednesday)
- January 29 (Tuesday)
- February 7 (Thursday)
- February 13 (Wednesday)
- February 19 (Tuesday)
- February 28 (Thursday)
- March 6 (Wednesday)
- April 4 (Thursday)
- April 10 (Wednesday)
- April 16 (Tuesday)
- April 23 (Tuesday)
- April 25 (Thursday)
- May 1 (Wednesday)
- May 7 (Tuesday)
- May 16 (Thursday)
- May 21 (Tuesday)
- May 29 (Wednesday)
Additional Building Policies
Additional building policies, including those covering event decorations, candles, and accessibility accommodations, can be found on our Building Policies & Procedures webpage.