Application Review Process
The University of Washington Bothell seeks students who can benefit from its wealth of academic and cultural opportunities and contribute to its amazing energy and rich diversity of experience. Our holistic review process looks beyond grades and standardized tests.
While these factors are important, they tell only part of an applicant's story. The University uses an individualized application review more typically found at smaller private universities and colleges. In addition to grade-point average (GPA) and test scores, the University takes into account many aspects of an applicant's achievements and personal history.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the application is complete and true, and to be aware of all pertinent admission and application requirements. Failure to disclose complete and accurate information (e.g. all colleges/universities attended) and/or failure to submit all required application materials may result in the denial of admission or subsequent dismissal from the University.
UW Bothell's holistic review process takes into consideration the following:
- Academic Preparation
- Academic Performance
- Personal Characteristics
- Extracurricular Activities
Personal Achievements & Characteristics
Personal achievements and characteristics can also indicate promise to benefit from and contribute to the University of Washington Bothell. These include:
- Demonstrating a commitment to community service and leadership
- Exercising significant responsibility in a family, community, employment, or through activities
- Attaining a college-preparatory education in the face of significant personal adversity, economic disadvantage, or disability
- Demonstrating cultural awareness or unique perspectives or experiences
- Demonstrating notable tenacity, insight, originality, or creativity
Use the application to share with the University who you are and what is important to you. Put your best foot forward and never stop preparing for your transition to college-level studies.
Appealing Admission Decisions
Students who are denied admission to UW Bothell may request further consideration by presenting a written petition and additional information in support of their application.