The Safe Campus Task Force was established in October 2014 to identify existing practices and procedures, and to engage in a broader conversation regarding safety in order to address the following questions:
- How can we work together as a community to create a safe environment for each other?
- Do our existing structures and procedures enhance or impede the feeling of safety?
- Are there models across other institutions that we need to explore and maybe adopt at UW Bothell?
- Do we need to change the organizational structure of our Campus Safety and Security Department as we continue to grow and expand our boundaries?
- Are there investments into collective safety that we should be making?
The task force decided to form sub-groups for a more focused approach to each question. Please click the link below to review the report and recommendations.