- January 3 - classes start
- January 9- Last day to add/drop/change classes through MyUW (without a fee)
- January 15– Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) priority application date. You must list the "University of Washington" Code #003798.
- January 15 – Martin Luther King Day – NO CLASSES
- January 19 – Tuition is due for all registered students
- January 23 – Last day to add a course through MyUW
Welcome back! Just like last quarter, we need to make a plan to stay organized in the coming weeks. Winter Quarter is shorter due to multiple holidays and sometimes inclement weather. Get the latest campus closure information by signing up for UW Alert.
Pre-major guide to staying organized (click here). Links to Week 1 of Autumn quarter.
Make sure you have all required textbooks.
Organize your class notes and materials. If you need assistance with this, make an appointment to see your advisor and they can help you find a strategy that works best for you.
Let’s review some of the activities and resources available to you.
- Join a Club
- Recreational Fun
- Academic Advising
- Quantitative Skills Center
- Writing and Communication Center
- Personal Counseling
- Center for International Education
- Disability Resources
- Registrar's Office
- Financial Aid
Contact Financial Aid for information on tuition assistance, scholarships and loans.
If you have questions you don’t see on here, feel free to stop in at our Quick Questions Drop-In Advising. We’re in the Student Success Center (UW1-160) 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday-Thursday.
You can also reach us through email or by phone: