Undocumented Student Network
The Undocumented New Student Network provides additional support for students who self-identify as undocumented. This Network establishes a community, provides referrals, resources, and social opportunities. This is a great way to get to know other students and establish friendships with other students, an essential part to your experience coming into the University of Washington Bothell.
If you like to join the Network or want additional information, please contact the Network Coordinator (currently leading Undocumented NSN). There are also Veterans, Disbilities and a GLBTQ Network. If you also identify with these networks and like to join or want information on these networks, feel free to contact the Network Leads by visiting the menu on the left.
Meet the Network Coordinator: Yen Nguyen
Washington Dream Act Coalition
Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC)
Beyond Dreaming Scholarship List
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Due April 11th 2017
- Univision Scholarship Due April 2017
- Chican@/Latin@ Education Program Scholarship Due 4/2017
- DREAMers Scholarship Fund at EWU Due: 4/2017
- HENAAC Great Minds in STEM Scholarship Due 4/2017
- April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship Due 5/17
- Beyond Dreaming Foundation Scholarship Due June 2016 For Undocumented Students
- 2016 Platt Family Scholarship Prize Essay Contest Due 7/31/17
- From Failure to Promise Scholarship Essay contest $10,000 Grand Prize Due 7/31/17
- The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity Essay Contest High School Juniors and Seniors Due Dec 2016
- La Unidad Latina Scholarship Due Oct 2016 College Students
- 2016 LEAP1% Scholarship Due October of 2016 Seniors and Current College
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships Due December 2016 High School and Current College Students
- The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS) (high school seniors or college students) Due 2/2017
- Leadership 1000 Due 2/2017 Transferring and Undergraduates College Students
- Columbia Basin College Foundation Scholarship due February of 2017 Seniors and Running Start students eligible to apply
- GESA Credit Union Scholarship Due 2/2017 for seniors and current college students
- Que Llueva Café Scholarship First time High School students Due February 2017
- WA State Scholarship Foundation Due March 2017 $5000 and $2,500
- HAAP Hispanic Academic Achievers Program Scholarship Due 3/2017 Minimum 3.0 GPA High school seniors only
- WAEF Washington Apple Education Foundation Scholarship High School/College Students Due 3/2017
- Nora Stone Smith Scholarship for ESL/ELL Students Due March 2017
- EDUCATORS FOR FAIR CONSIDERATION (E4FC) 3/17
- SEED Scholarship UW 4/2017
- Seamar Scholarship for children of farmworkers Due April 2017
- Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest $20,000 Due 4/28/2017
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Due April 2017 for Current College Students
- Coca-Cola Scholarships High School and current college students can apply
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Scholarship
- The DREAM US Scholarship *Must apply for Partner College*
- Golden Doors Scholar *Must apply at Partner School*
- New Leader Scholarship
- Geneseo Migrant Center Scholarships
This site has a database plentiful of scholarship opportunities for students studying and living in Washington State. Students are able to have professors, employers, and other individuals upload a letter of recommendation to their profile that will be sent out to every scholarship a student applies to.
Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)
Aligns with HB 1079 and firther helps and assist with paying for school.
House Bill 1079
Allows students who have lived in Washington State for 3 years or more to be considered as "residents" and pay in-state tuition.
Senate Bill 6523 (REAL Hope Act)
Helps students obtain a grant to pursue degrees.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
American policy that allows certain undocumented individuals to receive a renewable 2 year work permit and exemption from deportation.
Provides free interest loans for Dreamers, leadership and DACA assistance workshops, Spanish-English interpretation services and other service referrals.