Activate Google Apps
Steps to Activate Google Apps Service
Log into manage your NetID resources at MyUW
If you have switched to the new MyUW interface, switch back to the old one briefly until you complete these steps
- Click on My Account link at the top of the page
- Click the “UW G Suite” link from the menu on the left side of the page
You should now see three steps
In step 1, Agree to appropriate use guidelines
Step 2 is just informational--don’t click anything
Step 3 is important; choose No, do not change delivery setting, otherwise, your uw.edu email will stop being delivered to your Outlook inbox
- Scroll down to make sure that your name appears the way you want
- Click the Sign up link to continue
- You will see three steps in center of the screen; click the Sign in link in step 1.
- You will be redirected to a Google page, where you must agree to the Google terms of service
- Enter the captcha (funny looking letters) into the box and click the I accept. Create my account link at the bottom of the page
- Once you see the confirmation screen, you are all set!
A Few Tips
- Sign in to your Google Apps anytime with your NetID at gmail.uw.edu. When you sign in, it will look like an email inbox—just ignore that screen because we are not using Google for email. You can access Gogole Drive by clicking the Google Suite Icon at the top of the screen. It looks like a square made up of nine little squares
- Remember, if you want to share a document with somebody at UW, be sure that she or he has activated UW Google Apps (the procedure above) and invite her or him to share using the NetID@uw.edu address.
- You can share with collaborators outside the UW system too. Remember, Google will require everyone to already have or create a new Google account associated with the email address you use for sharing. If you want to share with somebody outside UW for the first time, it is a good idea to first check to see if that person already has a Google account (or any Gmail address)—sharing with an existing Google account will keep your collaborator from having to set up yet another account.