Poll Everywhere (PE) is a new system for conducting in class surveys and polls, offering a more convenient and user-friendly interface and design for faculty and students to take advantage of. Students can answer surveys from not only their own computers, but also by texting in their responses on their phones. Faculty have a wide array of options for their surveys at their disposal, from creating a classic poll system to allowing their students to write comments in a more quiz-like format. Poll Everywhere should bring faculty closer to their students and offer more enriching learning opportunities.
For more on PE, go to the UW-IT Seattle informational page.
Essentials for Faculty
- 10 Steps for Creating Polls
- PowerPoint Slides: Getting Students Started with Poll Everywhere
- 10 Steps for Adding Polls and Presenting Using MS PowerPoint (Windows)
- 10 Steps for Adding Polls and Presenting Using MS PowerPoint (Mac)
Tutorials for Faculty
- Logging into Poll Everywhere (UW)
- How to embed live polls in PowerPoint - Windows
- How to embed polls into PowerPoint or Keynote - Mac
- Converting Turning Point Slides to Polls (PC Only)
- Importing students from Canvas into Poll Everywhere
- Exporting grades from Poll Everywhere to Canvas
- Poll Everywhere video tutorials
- Instructions for students
- Students can use their own personal devices; including Wi-Fi/Cell service connected cellphones, laptops, or tablets! If students do not have access to one of the devices listed above: Learning Technologies will have a list of alternatives in the Poll Everywhere for Students page.
- Students can submit answers via text messaging, Android or iPhone application, or online via web browser.
- Poll Everywhere offers different polling options: multiple-choice polls, open-ended, Q&A, answer ranking, and clickable image polls.
- PowerPoint, Google Slides and Keynote integration.
- Poll Everywhere access is now available. To get a Poll Everywhere teaching account, please contact Learning Technologies at email@example.com: access usually takes 24 hours.
- Please fill out a software request form to have Poll Everywhere installed on your UWB computer.
- Students do not need to register a Poll Everywhere account. They can access PollEverywhere using the UW Single-Sign On link.