Also known as the Conversations Inbox, the Inbox will store all messages and conversations you have with instructors and other students on Canvas.
To access your inbox, at the top-right portion of the page, click on Inbox found next to the Settings link.
Top Menu Bar
- Filter which course you want to see messages from by clicking on the All Courses drop-down menu
- Filter through different types of messages by clicking on the Inbox drop-down menu
- Search your inbox by typing in a name, course, or group into the Search By User box
- Create a new message by clicking on the icon.
- The left section displays messages in your inbox
- Scroll over a conversation and click the button to select a conversation. The button will turn blue after selected
- Scroll over a conversation and click the button to star a conversation. The button will turn yellow after starred.
- The number to the right displays the number of messages in the conversation
- The right section displays the messages you had with a user, group, or course in a conversation
- More options are available when you scroll over a individual message and hit the button. You can reply all, forward, or delete the individual message. Unfortunately, deleting an individual message will not cancel it being sent.
- Managing your messages can be done through the buttons on the top menu.
- Hover over the buttons to see what they do
- Use the buttons to compose a new message, reply, archive (stores but does not delete messages), and delete selected messages
- Clicking on the icon will open a menu to mark as unread, forward, and star messages
- You can view your messages based on their different markings by clicking on the Inbox drop-down menu. Doing so will only show messages that are unread, starred, sent, and archived
- To create a message, click on the icon.
- A window will pop up
- Select a course to easily find recipients
- Clicking on the icon will give options to select students or instructors from the selected course
- You can also type recipient's name to easily send a message.
- Type in your message in the provided space
- Click the icon to attach any files
- Click the icon to record/upload media from your computer