Courses & Groups Tab
- The Courses & Groups tab shows all of the courses you are currently enrolled in and the groups you have joined.
- When hovering your mouse over the Courses & Groups tab, a drop-down menu will appear, showing your currently enrolled courses in the left column and your groups in the right column.
- You can customize which courses to show in the drop-down menu by clicking on Customize.
- To view all of your courses and groups, click on View all courses and View all groups.
- The Assignments tab will show you the assignments and coursework that you have assigned and which courses they were assigned to.
- The Grades tab will display the course averages for each of the courses you are teaching.
- Clicking on a particular course will bring up the gradebook for that course.
- The Calendar tab will show a weekly and monthly overview of all assignments and due dates for all courses you are currently enrolled in.
- You can choose which courses to highlight assignments from by clicking on the name(s) of the course in the box underneath the mini-calendar on the right side of the page.
- For each assignment listed on the calendar, you can click on the colored box to get a preview of its content. To get more detail about an assignment, click on its name to be redirected to the Assignments page where more information about that assignment can be found.
- You can also choose to create personal events through the calender by clicking on a particular date.
The Dashboard, the personal homepage for Canvas users is set up into four parts:
Recent Activity Stream
- The Recent Activity Stream is situated in the center of the homepage and shows all of the activities from the various classes a student or faculty is enrolled in.
- From here, users will receive notifications about assignments, discussions, and other coursework-related announcements.
- The To-Do list can be found on the right-hand side of the homepage, situated at the top, above the Coming Up list. If the To-Do list is empty, it will not appear on the dashboard.
- This section will show what tasks currently need to be finished and submitted.
Coming Up List
- The Coming Up list can be found on the right-hand side of the homepage, situated in the middle, below the To-Do list and above the Recent Feedback list.
- This section will show what assignments are coming up in the week that need to be finished and submitted by the due date.
Recent Feedback List
- The Recent Feedback list can be found on the right-hand side of the homepage, situated at the bottom and below the To-Do list and Coming Up list.
- Any feedback that a student will receive on an assignment will show here, including instructor comments and scores.