- Log into Canvas (canvas.uw.edu) and select the course you wish to import content into.
- From the course page, choose Settings and from the Course Settings Page select Import Content into this Course (right side of page)
- After being redirected to the new page (see below):
- Select Copy a Canvas Course from the drop-down menu
- Under Search for a course, find the course you want to copy from by selecting it in the drop-down menu or by typing its name in the box to the right of the menu
Under Options, the following settings can be changed:
- Select Migration Content: You can choose to select which content to import or have all of the content be imported.
Adjust Events and Due Dates: You can adjust the various dates for events and due dates. By checking the box, you can change the beginning and end dates for your course, as well as move content from one day to another by creating Substitutions.
- To change dates, select the date of when your course begins and then select the new date that you want your course to begin. Do this for the ending dates as well.
- To create a Substitution, click on the Substitution button, select the original day you want to move, and then select the new day you want to move the content into. For example, if you want to move your course content from a Monday to a Wednesday, the first drop-down menu will be Monday and the second will be Wednesday.
- Click on the Import button when you're ready.
- Your content is now being imported. Under Current Jobs at the bottom of the page, you can see the progress of the import. You will receive an email notification when the import has completed.
The following two scenarios can occur when your import has been completed:
- If you imported the course and did not select migration content, Canvas will show any issues that occurred with the import. Click the issues link to view them.
- If you imported the course and selected migration content, Canvas will ask you to select the content you want to import. Click the Select Content button.
- When selecting content to import, a new window will appear where you can select which content to import. By default, all of the content is selected.
- When you're ready, click the Select Content button.
- Another progress bar will show up under Current Jobs. An email notification will be sent to you when the import has completed and your course is ready to be viewed.