The gradebook is a tool that will allow instructors to keep track of student grades in the course. Through the gradebook, instructors can easily input grades and have them calculated for themselves and the students. The gradebook provides a comprehensive view of grades in the course and additionally allows the instructors to group, weigh, and assign points or percentages to assignments. To add columns to the gradebook, create an assignment.
Canvas also includes a feature in the gradebook called SpeedGrader which simplifies the process of grading student work.
Gradebook Tutorial Contents:
- Gradebook Interface
- Adding and grading assignments
- Leaving comments on graded assignments
- Curving the gradebook
- Weight Grades
- Removing Student Access to the "Total" Column of Gradebook
- Managing Grading Schemes
- Downloading an Annotated Paper
- Submitting Final Grades from Canvas to Catalyst