Instructors teaching multiple sections of a course are able to cross-list one of the sections into the other; keeping the student enrollment separate, while having both sections access a single Canvas course. This makes it so that an instructor only needs to post announcements, upload files, and create new assignments in a single Canvas course.
- First bring up the course that will be merged into the main one and click on Settings.
- On the settings page click on the Sections tab at the top.
- Click on the section that contains the students for the course, which brings up a list of enrollments.
- Next, click on the Cross-List this Course button located on the right side of Canvas.
- This will bring up the Cross-List window. In the Search for Course input box, type in a portion of the target course's title to bring up a drop down menu listing courses containing that text.
- Select the course that you want to use and then click Cross-List This Section.
- If the search is not finding your course you can find the course ID by going to the target course's homepage and copying the number at the end of the URL.
- Please visit the Canvas support page listed here.