Applications: Applications for Collaborative Reserve Funding are open in the beginning of Fall quarter for the following academic year. The next application cycle will be for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Description: Collaborative reserve funding supports opportunities that fall outside the scope of other i-disco initiatives, and serve the development of an interdisciplinary, collaborative, and engaged research culture, such as the hosting of a regional or national conference, or the launching of a community-based research project that will seek outside grants, etc.
Purpose: Collaborative reserve funding should:
- engage and/or benefit a significant number of IAS constituencies (faculty, students, alumni, RIGs, CAWGs, and/or community partners),
- convene conversation across multiple areas of inquiry and across curricular areas,
- promote interdisciplinary understanding and exchange across fields and approaches.
Eligibility and Requirements: IAS faculty members.
Grant provision: Grants of $500-5000 per group.
Annual allocation = $5000.
Application process: Applications are submitted via Catalyst, and consist of:
- a listing of organizers and a designated contact person
- a brief statement of the proposed collaboration’s purpose, significance, and objectives
- an outline of proposed activities
- a budget/funding request for proposed activities
- a statement of any additional support needs (eg, hiring, event support, etc.)
- a statement of intended outcomes
Criteria of selection:
- Likelihood to engage and/or benefit a significant number of IAS constituencies
- Capacity to convene conversation across multiple areas of inquiry and across curricular areas
- Likelihood to promote interdisciplinary understanding and exchange across fields and approaches