Faculty Positions Available
For instructions on how to apply for a faculty position, please click on the following link and go to the position description listed under "Faculty Jobs".
Employee Benefits Eligibility
- Less than 50% FTE may not be eligible for benefits
- Greater than 50% FTE for two or more quarters may be eligbile for full benefits (medical, dental, retirement, life insurance, etc.)
- Full-time faculty may be eligible for up to 90 days of sick leave per academic year.
- For more information on paid sick leave, please consult the Academic Human Resources website.
Benefits to being hired through a competitive recruitment process:
- Promotional opportunities
From Lecturer to Senior Lecturer
From Senior Lecturer to Principle Lecturer
- May apply for a sabbatical after six full years of employment
Along with teaching responsibilities, full-time faculty:
- Have service responsibilities
- Develop new curriculum
- Serve on committees
- Attend faculty meetings; participation in governance matters
All UW postings require the statement that all UW faculty must engage in teaching, research and service thus all competitively recruited faculty have a research component as part of their work expectations. This is determined between faculty, dean or chair.