In order to be considered for the CCAP award you must complete the 2018-2019 Child Care Assistance Application. The priority application date is June 5th for summer assistance and September 15 for rest of the academic year. Students who submit an application after the priority date will be considered on a 'funds available' basis.
The student must:
- Be a matriculated UW Bothell student
- Must be the legal custodial parent of the child, and the child must reside more than 50% time with the student-parent
- meet income guidelines
- pay the Service and Activities Fee at UW Bothell
- The child care provider must be licensed by the state of Washington not related by blood or marriage to the student
- Enroll in a minimum of 9+ credits for undergrad, 8+ credits for graduate
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress above a 2.0
You don’t have to be a U.S. Citizen to apply to the childcare assistance program.
- You will also need to provide a tuition cost sheet for child care with provider logo or a written cost sheet on provider letter head
- You will need to have the 'Provider ID Number'. Your child care provider will have this ID number or search online through the WA State Dept. of Early Learning
- The FAFSA or WASFA information will be used to determine financial need
- Students who do not complete the FAFSA or WASFA must complete the Student Financial Statement form
- Complete a Revision Request Form for Child Care and turn into UW Bothell's Office of Financial Aid
- The funds will be distributed as needed per quarter up to $1,500 per student or up to 80% of their childcare costs, summer quarter may be covered if funds are available from the academic year.
- The student may be eligible for extra funds if they have multiple children in care.
Priority funding will be considered for the Infant to preschool level and aid will be disbursed on a first come first serve basis until the funds are completely allocated during fall, winter, spring and summer quarters (with priority given to low income qualifying student’s children).