We work with the campus academic and administrative units to guide the annual budgetary process, embrace efforts of process simplification, create an open budget environment, and develop innovative solutions.
Serving as stewards of institutional resources, the Institutional Planning and Budget Office is responsible for:
- Forecasting revenue and expense and providing analytical context for planning assumptions and budget policies.
- Allocating resources, monitoring their use, and reporting on results against plan.
- Modeling the impact of program, policy, and process changes.
Following is the 2018 Provost Budget Narrative for UW Bothell. The narrative reveals projected FTEs and planned expenditures for FY17 and FY18.
Budgetary allocations are integral components to an annual financial plan. They indicate the level of resources the university is committing to a school or department. Without allocation limits, expenditures can exceed revenues and result in financial shortfalls. When developing budgetary allocations, all needs of the university are taken into account and decisions are made where best to allocate funds.
Below you will find the budget allocations for the University of Washington.
The Office of Institutional Planning and Budget participates in the following committees in order to have cross-unit collaboration when developing the budget for the campus.
Provide policy advice and recommendations to the Chancellor on matters that pertain to UW Bothell budget planning and development process.
Chancellor's Leadership Council
- The Chancellor’s Leadership Council (CLC) is an advisory body, with membership reflecting UW Bothell constituencies. The CLC advises the Chancellor on a wide range of key strategic matters.
Campus Council for Planning & Budgeting (CCPB)
- The inclusive nature of this committee (GFO, GSO, ASUWB, and Administration) is to encourage focused budget discussions, sharing of ideas/perspectives, reviews of budget proposals/processes/allocations/metrics, and provide specific planning advice and budget reports to the GFO Executive Committee.
Chancellor's Advisory Committee for Students (CACS)
- An inclusive committee of undergraduate and graduate students, this group advises the chancellor on campus-wide budgets and major initiatives, including budget, tuition, enrollment management and campus planning.