Family Friendly Spaces Campus Guidelines
Diversity is paramount at the University of Washington Bothell (UW Bothell). We value diverse experiences and perspectives, and strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments throughout our campus community.
The university has designated several family friendly spaces across campus conveniently located in UW Bothell owned and leased buildings. This provides opportunities for parents or guardians to have a clean temporary space for their children to occupy themselves as their parents or guardians study or meet. These spaces are furnished with educational toys, books and games for children ranging from age 2 to 12.
Family friendly spaces are not for use as short-term or long-term daycare, and a responsible parent or guardian must accompany and closely monitor and regulate the behavior of their children with line-of-sight supervision at all times. The parent or guardian bringing a child on campus has ultimate and sole responsibility for the safety and care of the child while on the UW Bothell campus, including in any family friendly space. UW Bothell is not equipped, nor is it the university’s role, to provide long-term or short-term childcare in its public spaces.
Refer to the Children on Campus policy for specific regulations on bringing children to campus.
The student-run “Parent Union” will:
- Take an active role in monitoring and reporting on the condition of family friendly spaces to Planning and Administration.
- Assist with fund raising to replace toys, books, games, or furnishings as well as custodial maintenance of space.
- Collaborate with Planning and Administration in designing or modifying the spaces to meet changing needs.
To place a work order for custodial or maintenance, please do so on the Facilities work order system.
For reporting emergencies or accidents, please contact Campus Safety at 425-352-5359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Husky Hall Lobby
- Qualitative Skills Center (QSC)
- Teaching & Learning Center (TLC)
- The Commons, UW2
- Diversity Center, UW1 1st Floor
- The Spot, UW1 Basement
- Food for Thought Lounge
- Library, 1st Floor